Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The start of a NEW chapter: HAWAII Edition

These past few months have been some of the best and most difficult of my life. Not too long ago I was hopping on a plane back to Texas with hopes of returning to New York soon. Instead, here I am, 6 months later, making a stop in New York, only to head to Hawaii. As of right now, I feel the worst part is over: packing and taking my [Praxis] exams (I passed the English one only)--both of which I loathe. Now, the hardest part--and it always is--was saying goodbye...again...to my family, my best friend, my baby girl, and my boyfriend. It's difficult leaving behind people whose lives revolve around yours and yours around theirs so greatly. I'm sure the man I sat next time on my connecting flight to ATL was overfilled with joy hearing me blow my nose every 15 seconds.

As I sit here waiting for my flight to NYC, I'm overwhelmed with so may feelings. I'm scared to start a new life in a place I have never been and know almost nothing about and sad that I had to say goodbye. But mostly, I'm excited and anxious for this new journey educating students in a failing education system while simultaneously obtaining my teaching certification and Masters. I never wanted to be great, I only wanted to do great things; and I feel that God has continued to bless me with such wonderful opportunities in order to do so. If nothing else, I hope that my journey can continue to inspire others and set an example for the younger females I encounter that want to do and be great things.

Here's to new beginnings, changing the world and making a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment